IOS Bluetooth Connection

Posted on
  • It used to be that I could only make a Bluetooth connection between my iPhone and Bangle.js 2 by using WebBLE first. If I tried to connect via WebBLE, my iPhone would ask me if I wanted to allow the Bangle to receive notifications, etc. Everything would work fine, except that if I wanted to use WebBLE again after disconnecting, I would need to tell my iPhone to forget the Bangle in Bluetooth settings, and then start over. Not ideal, but it worked.

Today I upgraded my Bangle firmware to 12. Now I can ONLY connect via WebBLE. While I am connected via WebBLE, I can’t get IOS notifications (one connection at a time, I know). But when I disconnect WebBLE, IOS no longer stays connected, and I can’t see how to initiate a new connection with IOS, so notifications work, etc.

Any suggestions for how to pair IOS when I am not using WebBLE?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Maybe uninstall and reinstall the 'iOS' app on the Bangle? It's the iOS app that enables everything needed to to make the iPhone want to keep a connection open to Bangle.js, so it's possible that somewhere along the upgrade process that got disabled somehow?

• The uninstall and reinstall of just the iOS app didn’t work. But uninstalling everything, and reinstalling, did work. Thanks for your help.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

IOS Bluetooth Connection

Posted by Avatar for user137198 @user137198

Actions