You are reading a single comment by @diego and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi.

As I prefer the workflow where I save the file and see the changes immediately, I wanted to do the same with my bangle.js2 dev.

But I couldn't get the espruino cli to work at all (tried noble, @abandonware-noble, multiple versions of node, etc) even though the connection was alright (on web ide, python or bluetoothctl).

So my solution was to home brew a file watcher in python (using watchgod) that would send the monitored files to my clock on change (using bleak).

It works quite well, so I'm sharing in case anyone want to take a look, but I don't know how well it would work on other espruino.

The code is on github: https://github.com/diesphink/banglejs2-f­iles-watcher/, and down below is the usage:

usage: watcher.py [-h] [--buffer_size BUFFER_SIZE] [--exec EXEC] [-v] address file [file ...]

Bangle Watcher

positional arguments:
      address               bluetooth address to connect
      file                  files to watch

optional arguments:
      -h, --help            show this help message and exit
      --buffer_size BUFFER_SIZE
                            buffer size (default 20)
      --exec EXEC           script to run (load) after each upload
      -v, --verbose         verbosity: -v show response from bangle, -vv show all DEBUG logs

About