You are reading a single comment by @jgw and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have a Bangle.js 2 which no longer wakes up at a BTN1 press. I've completely cleaned the watch ('Remove all Apps' and 'Install default Apps' from https://banglejs.com/apps/) , but to no extent.

When in the Web IDE, I can indeed see that the BTN1 pin stays at zero, whether pressed or not.

>reset()
    =undefined
     ____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v10.89 (c) 2021 G.Williams
    // BTN1 released
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0
    // BTN1 pressed
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0
    // BTN1 pressed
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0

One could assume hardware failure, but the strange thing is that after a 'pinMode(BTN1)' statement, a digitalRead does react as expected.

>setInterval(function(){print(digitalRea­d(BTN1))},1000)
    =1
    // Various BTN1 presses following
    >pinMode(BTN1)
    =undefined
    //BTN 1 detected !!!
    >
    // Here the watch suddenly shows 'loading' and returns to the normal screen with non-functional BTN1

Then after a few seconds, out of the blue, the watch shows 'loading...', the normal screen reappears and BTN1 is again disfunctional (!).
    So, I guess one of my previous experiments has 'destroyed' the normal functioning of BTN1 and I cannot restore it back to normal ?

The 'settings.json' looks normal to me

{"ble":true,"blerepl":true,"log":false,"­timeout":10,"vibrate":true,"beep":"vib",­"timezone":1,"HID":false,"clock":null,"1­2hour":false,"brightness":1,"options":{"­wakeOnBTN1":true,"wakeOnBTN2":true,"wake­OnBTN3":true,"wakeOnFaceUp":false,"wakeO­nTouch":false,"wakeOnTwist":true,"twistT­hreshold":819.2,"twistMaxY":-800,"twistT­imeout":1000}}

Anything I can try ?

About