• Wow Robin, thank you so much for all the helpful info and links about how memory is handled in Espruino! And thank you also for thinking to ask what browser/OS I use and for actually running my code. I have been using Chrome on Ubuntu and the Web IDE has been working so well that it never occurred to me that my OS might be relevant. Well I just tried uploading my code with Chrome/Windows 10 and it was successfully minified and uploaded, thank you! (And this surprised me because my Windows machine has half as much memory as by Ubuntu box, 8G vs 16G).

Unfortunately, the code I uploaded here is just a small subset of my app. If I put my app's full source code into the right-hand pane of the IDE on Windows and do "Send to Espruino"/RAM then I get the crash-like behavior I think Gordon was alluding to. Specifically, the message "Execution Interrupted" is written many times to the console followed by "Prompt not detected - upload failed. Trying to recover...". If I do "Send to Espruino"/Storage as Gordon mentioned I am able to upload my full source code but it isn't minified. So I guess I will have to employ some of the tricks you've kindly referenced to reduce the size of my app.

Well hopefully this post will be of some help to others who run into problems with large apps.

Thanks again Robin and Gordon for your gracious help with my issue!

About

Avatar for TTBangler @TTBangler started