You are reading a single comment by @Nic and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,

First off, I appreciate this is an issue with Noble rather than Espruino/Pucks but I thought asking here might be more fruitful than raising an issue on GitHub as someone may have similar experience.

I have several Pis setup around the house as satellites for an unrelated project and a Pi 4 as a master device on my entertainment unit. The case I'm using for the Pi 4 does a cracking job of nullifying the Bluetooth signal... Therefore, I set up a relay script of sorts that runs on some of the satellite devices picking up the advertiserments of the Pucks I have around the home using Abandonware/Noble, and they feed into the master device over Wifi.

Several weeks ago I did a fresh install of, what is now Raspberry Pi OS on a Pi3 located in my conservatory. After a period of time, several hours, 1 day, 2 days, but no more than 3 days the Pi stops "receiving" the advertisements. Noble reports no state change, there's no errors and no advertisements. Nothing. As soon as I restart the script, Noble reconnects and all works again.

My script is stored on a NAS and is used by all of the satellites with no problems whatsoever. Any other satellite and it wouldn't be an issue, but typically this particular Pi is picking up a Puck that no other Pi can reliably receive.

Has anyone has similar issues using Abandonware/Noble or EspurinoHub (as I believe that uses Noble too) recently? My feeling is it's driver related... I'm not sure what I can check, or what I should look for to help diagnose.

About