You are reading a single comment by @Sebastian and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So, just received my Bangle, but need some help getting it up and running.

I am using Ubuntu Linux 18.04 with a Plugable USB Bluetooth dongle which seems to work fine. I have BlueZ 5.48 installed. The Bangle is connectable. All I'm describing below is the same with or without superuser rights.

The espruino command line tool from here shows me a port for the Bangle with espruino --list. So far, so good.

However, in the Espruino Web IDE stand-alone version from here I only get "No ports found" when I try to connect. The console spits out this when I try to connect:

Noble: module couldn't be loaded, no node.js Bluetooth Low Energy Error: Cannot find module 'ms' Require stack: - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/node_modules/debug/src/common.js - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/node_modules/debug/src/browser.js - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/node_modules/debug/src/index.js - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/node_modules/@abandonware/noble/lib­/noble.js - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/node_modules/@abandonware/noble/ind­ex.js - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/espruino-web­-ide/main.html
    No navigator.bluetooth - Web Bluetooth not enabled
    No navigator.serial - Web Serial not enabled

Tried to install the package ms via npm install -g ms but then just the same error for another package pops up. Is the IDE just missing a bunch of dependencies?

The documentation here suggests there is an Espruino IDE version other than the Web IDE? But I can't find a version for Linux for the life of me. Everything just leads me back to the Web IDE version.

So what can I do to make that one work? I really don't want to upload everything from the command line.

Thanks.

About

Avatar for Sebastian @Sebastian started