You are reading a single comment by @Fram and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi everybody
    @Gordon: thank you very much for your answer.
    Some precisions...

setting the date/time is not saved in the nrf52832 Real Time Clock as I expected it to be.

Unfortunately the nRF52 can't keep the full time in the real-time clock when it powers off or does a hard reboot. The RTC just doesn't have enough precision.

So, when I change the Bangle.js date/time (Settings>Set Time) and, after reboot or switching it off, I loose my date/time: from where comes this replacing date/time if it is not stored in the nrf52832 RTC ?

GPS time is only checked if the watch starts and the date is still set to 1970.

So, why I can't set it manually ?

Can we have the choice to have the date/time set by user or GPS ?

Not sure I understand what you mean? You can ALWAYS set the time up using the settings menu.

Yes, but I will loose my date/time as soon as I switch off my Bangle.js.
    What I mean is to have an option, in the Settings, to let the user choose between:

• AUTOMATIC: the Bangle.js set the date/time alone (by GPS or using the Bangle.js App Loader via the "Set Bangle.js Time" button) or
    • USER: the user set the date/time and the Bangle.js keeps this date/time: if I want to be every time 5 minutes late, the Bangle.js keeps those 5 minutes late even if I reboot it or switch it off.

In all cases, thank you, thank you, thank you for the Bangle.js and the time you give to us answering all our claims.

Francis

About