• The ?[255] error comes when you had code saved to flash which you were executing from, and then you erase the flash memory while you're still executing that code :) If, after an eraseAll, you do reset() or load() everything will be fine.

Bingo, that did it... Thanks.

I think I should probably just get rid of the 'My Files' tab now since the IDE handles it in a more sane way (and allows you to download StorageFile files directly). Do you have any objections to that?

Nopes, no issues. I will take efforts to figure out how the IDE handles it though :D (I saw the post, just haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet).

In terms of file size, I believe each 'chunk' is about 4k, and you get around 255 chunks - so you can save about one megabyte of data. Right now only the first megabyte of flash is actually exposed to JS apps, so that's really all you can store.

That's cool. Knowing limits helps work backwards :-). I shall now make efforts towards being more succinct in my data storage attempts. It is a watch after all :-)

1MB of data is a lot though - it'll take ages to download. Do you really need to store data at that granularity?

True. It does take a while (I haven't messed with baud rates so whatever default speed it is) to transfer the maxed out file. However, looks like my current inefficient data storage is filling up in about 8-10 hours of HR and Step counts. I would love for it to last a day. So my task is cut-out :-)

This post is resolved for everything I started with, but one last question if I may: Any plans to make the rest of the memory available to apps ? If not via StorageFile maybe a new namespace like Archive or something so we can move files from 'active' storage area to 'Archive' area from time to time? 4Mb will also run out at some point... just good to know :-)

About

Avatar for PiOfThings @PiOfThings started