• @TomWS am using the MDBT42Q breakout board.

'(I'm not sure why you're mentioning SW SPI or I2C for STM chip in this context.)'

In #6 the balance of that post starting with "If I view the color key, green for SPI, for the Pico"

I was drawing the correlation between the color keys that are present for the Pico but not for the MDBT42Q pin designation images, wondering why the h/w USART has a color key but the h/w SPI and I2C do not.

'you can simultaneously support ... both your GPS receiver ... and BLE'

Although I'll defer to @Gordon for that, my belief is that the USART Rx pin is checked, and if in a specified state, BLE is then not available with the IDE. Serial1.setConsole(true); Everything appears fine as long as the NEO-6M is physically connected to the specified USART pins.

The reason for freeing up the USART Rx and Tx pins is that in order to program the NEO-6M according to their data sheet, is to be able to use their U-Center API accessible with a USB-TTL converter. (which also functions when physically connected to the USART, and unfortunately removes the MDBT42Q, therefore no BLE)

It appears I may have another situation, as when I attempt not to use the h/w USART, I get this error: Uncaught Error: Function "setup" not found! at line 112 col 9 and error: Uncaught Error: Function "write" not found! at line 118 col 8 when attempting to send data out through the USART.

I may need to start another new thread as this error may not be related to this thread title.

About