You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, you're right. I already tried and mostly failed. Updating soft device to 2.0.1 worked fine and original app works with such minor upgrade. However my app flashed to 0x1c000 linked to soft device 2.0.1 does not start, it reboots to DFU/bootloder. Later I found this https://infocenter.nordicsemi.com/index.­jsp?topic=%2Fcom.nordic.infocenter.sdk51­.v10.0.0%2Fexamples_ble_dfu.html "Note that if you program a DFU bootloader on the device, you must use this bootloader to install the application. Programming the application with other tools will not update the bootloader settings, which means that the application might not start. Erase the device if you do not want to use the DFU bootloader anymore." so it looks indeed tricky.

However I already tried to restore from backup and it works (except maybe UICR area, will try that one too) so I am now confident enough to clear everything. So I'll try newer easier stuff first.

Still, to allow updating current watch firmware over bluetooth, I should figure out how the update with existing bootloader and soft device works. I don't want to open second watch. Hopefully with such old soft device the DFU update procedure is not signed.

And btw it is currently $8 watch at gearbest :-)

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started