• Thr 2018.08.16

Well this one baffles me.

I wanted to play with a Pico that hadn't been powered up in over six months. The code file was still in tact and the breadboard still wired. Using USB cable for power. Launch IDE. Plug in Pico via cable, onboard red LED flashes once and Windows10 connection sound bite becomes audible. Click ORG connect button 'Select a Port' dialog renders. Click - 'Connecting' then immediate 'Connected to port COM4' followed by 'Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error?'
    then 'Disconnected'

After many connection - relaunch attempts;

Didn't want to add another layer of confusion, but wondered if the firmware was toast. So in frustration, went through the IDE firmware flash process, which in fact was successful and now have 1V99 and familiar 'Espruino' banner renders on left pane.

Was able to run several left pane instructions and loaded a few code snippets in right hand pane. Success! Took a break.

Upon returning, Pico had disconnected and ORG connect button was rendered. Greeted with 'No Ports Found' Ol' familiar Window10 routine.
    Close IDE. Power down Pico. Relaunch IDE. Power Pico. Attempt connect. Now the Error.

I had been playing with a Puck recently, and now unable to recall if I re-installed the IDE as I was one that was confused as to which IDE was specific for the Puck. Now I understand it is the native IDE. That is now at:

Web IDE version 0.68.6
    Baud 9600 tried at 115200

Here is the IDE console output, full content attached:

ERROR: [notify_error] Unable to retrieve board information. Connection
    Error? Loading http://www.espruino.com/json/PICO_R1_3.j­son Board JSON
    loaded Firmware >1.43 supports faster writes over USB Set Slow Write =
    false FIRMWARE: Current 1v99, Available 1v99 Device found
    (connectionId=2) [success] Connected to port COM4

Connected to port COM4

I cleaned the Pico contacts with a pink Pearl eraser. I added more tension to the USB holding tabs. I am successful at flashing the Pico. So connectivity doesn't appear to be an issue. Kept Baud rate at 9600, but not sure if that would have an impact.

At times, during a code upload, the 'Sending' green progress bar doesn't always go far right, so I'm never sure if the code actually uploaded.

Baffled that I am able to at least once, connect and flash, write some code, then poof - start cycle over.

From Settings >> About

Board Information
    VERSION 1v99
    GIT_COMMIT f0d66ba
    BOARD PICO_R1_3
    FLASH 393216
    RAM 98304
    SERIAL 25005800-13513335-32373134
    CONSOLE USB
    MODULES Flash,Storage,fs,net,dgram,tls,http,Netw­orkJS,WIZnet,tv,hashlib,crypto,neopixel
    EXPTR 536871156

Ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. . . .

1 Attachment

About