• Update to my last post

I closed my Electron APP so there are no more mqtt messages being sent. I let the Espruino IDE just idle for a few minutes and I received multiple "PING" in the console. My mosquito log now shows PINGREQ and PINGRESP from the PICO.

PING seems to halt when messages are being received. To test this I opened my app again, after a few messages I get the same disconnected... reconnecting message. I then closed my app and PING seems to resume again and so does the PINGREQ and PINGRESP in my mosquito log file.

I also downloaded a chrome extension called mqttbox. I'm manually sending the same MQTT message using mqttbox every 30 seconds and again I'm getting the same disconnected... reconnecting. message in the console. I then just sent one message from mqttbox and waited... PING continued to resume without getting and MQTT disconnected... reconnecting. message.

I seem to not get the MQTT disconnected... message for any message received that was sent after 60 seconds. For example, I can send one message every 65 seconds and still receive a PINGREQ properly.

For my project the PICO doesn't need to receive EVERY single message over my mqtt network. Just only messages pertaining to the PICO; however, I will still run into the disconnected... issue if messages are received inside the 60 seconds keepalive window.

1 Attachment

• 2018-08-10 16_03_00-Window_new.png
About

Avatar for d0773d @d0773d started