You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • In extra post I will provide you with code from an active robot I made for my wife as stage partner for a kid summer camp themed 'Maker Fair'. The idea was to use recycled stuff... so some of my hunted and gathered items (and hoarded for decades -literally) re-found their destiny and purpose...

The robot was blinking/flahing/steady lighting its eyes, rotating its antenna slow, medium, and fast (at one point it was also turning its head). Other options are left for the next opportunity, like driving around on his swivel wheels, moving its arms, and sensing and talking.... In the picture the - just taped on - electronics have been removed (shown in separate shot, also attached). The attached clip robotAction.mp4 shows some action...

A Espruino-Wifi was all in one: independent Wifiu Access Point, Web Server, and Robot controller. Any Wifi device / phone can drive it through browser Web page interface.

For driving/flashing the heavy LED lights for the eyes I used @DrAzzy 's MOSFETs from Tindies, for the Antenna (and Head Turning) I used some cheap, geared steppers. The Head Truning was done with 3 wheels running around, one driven (as shown with the 3d printed wheel... unfortunately, it had not enough grip and one driving stepper was not reliably turning / sufficient). As power supply I used these battery banks you get cheap. They can easily push some real Amps...

The controlling Web page was just buttons with some javascript on click.

4 Attachments

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started