You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • About items in this release:

Avoid printing interpreter error messages during execution, and report to console on idle when if errors were flagged

I understand why, but it makes problem determination a bit more difficult, because sequence between user logging and system logging falls apart; does it?

Stop require dumping filesystem errors as well as 'module not found'

What is the notice now?

Fix length calculation for types arrays with an offset

...I assume typed arrays...

Stop require creating an undefined Module entry in the modules list if no module exists

...great... this threw me some curve balls in the past (now gona-go fix the fix in my code), but the workaround was not that bad... What I'm looking for in this area is an option in require to remove the module from the Modules cache when on (first and only) require invocation. I have situations where after 'consummation' of modules there is no value anymore to keep it in the Modules cache. Modules cache is only used to move the code onto the board and survive the first stretch until save().

I understand why hiding makes things more fluent... but at the same time also more fluid..., such as:

Don't warn the user when we had to run a GC pass during execution

How is this information now passed on to monitoring applications? Is there an option to put watches on such events / flags? I'm thinking also about

Added Error flag to show if a UART overflow has occurred

It is helpful to get this information. Option of adding setWatch()-like constructs would be of great help...

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started