• Hi Guys,

Just curious if anyone can reproduce this problem. I noticed that when I flashed my 512K boards (specifically an ESP-01, and several ESP-201s), that they did not execute wifi.save(), and thus when restarted did not automatically connect to the network. The network parameters were blank/null.

I went BACK and tried v86 -- my kind of "standard" -- that always works, and after v91. Both work fine. However, I was using the following method:

esptool.py  --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 115200 write_flash 0 espruino_1v91_esp8266_combined_512.bin

After I was able to use wifi.save() normally, and the boards reconnected normally on startup. However after some experimentation I discovered that if I use for example:

esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 115200 write_flash \
      --flash_freq 40m --flash_mode qio --flash_size 4m \
      0x0000 "boot_v1.6.bin" 0x1000 espruino_esp8266_user1.bin
      0x7C000 esp_init_data_default.bin 0x7E000 blank.bin

on v91 then it does NOT save any wifi configuration when I do wifi.save().

As v92 does not have the "espruino_1v92_esp8266_combined_512.bin"­ file, its impossible to test between the two methods.

I'm curious if anyone else can confirm this, or if perhaps its a problem with my setup. I have not tested if this problem exists on my 4MB flash boards at this point.

-hfc.

About