You are reading a single comment by @Eric and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for the really helpful comments Gordon.

The strings conversions was principally to overcome floating point numbers from the temperature readings (- minus values) and decimal points in voltage readings, but I guess I should move on and byte convert the values as much of the ble specification is set up as. Most coding is based on a quick and dirty work around. I had to write some code in node-red to convert strings to floats (see the flows attached in my last post) but I actually like the idea of compressing it all into bytes.

I will need to think about priority queuing, but I am sure using a setWatch() function and increment counter as you suggest, I would get a really solid working model. I actually forgot that I had written some code years ago that counted the motion events over time, and only reacted if the value exceed a threshold. This reduced the noise you get when wind occasionally set the PIR detector.

OK, V2 is now under way using an array of bytes with some code to convert values back. At worst I can use one advertising command for motion and a less frequent less important advert for cumulative data.

About