• Yes, I did what most guidelines recommend and that is to apt-get update / upgrade etc.

So the sequence as far as I remember I tried twice was:

1) Download latest minimal Raspberry jessie, followed by apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

For the node, nodered, npm, mosquitto and bluetooth installs I did each stage one at a time and followed any recommendations to run apt-get autoremove.

Each stage was straight forward with one or two warnings all the way except for EspruinoHub.

Prior to git cloning, I needed to run apt-get install git as it was not included on the jessie image.

The rest of the problems appeared following the node install of EspruinoHub.

The fact that it was exactly the same on two clean attempts made me think it could be the hardware platform was out of step. It uses a third party bluetooth USB dongle, but the OS was happy with the dongle in the full graphics install of Raspbian as I could see the Pucks in the list of devices to pair to.

If anyone else has any clues or needs a fuller description of what I did, I have included the entire install log in this response. Perhaps it will give some clues as to where I have gone wrong.

1 Attachment

About