A HY Mini-STM32 VCT6 3.2" board

Posted on
Page
of 3
First Prev
/ 3
  • i have roughtly 57, okay but they are 5v leds? would i just hook the green wire up and then the two wire that are seperate power supply? or would i hook the 3 up and the two?

• Yes, that would do it :) 57*60mA = 3420mA - and 'normal' USB devices are only meant to use 500mA...

You'd connect:

Colour PSU Espruino
    White GND GND
    Green B15
    Red 5V
  • Thank you so much :) Can you help me with the code now? iv pasted the code from the website but i have all the color boxes set as red but the leds are green?

• actually i believe the red and green are backwards on the slider and boxes.

• Yes, it's because certain makes of LED are wired up differently.

Look at the setSolidCol and setBlendedCol functions. You'll see a bunch of .r .g and .b stuff in there - they are for red, green, and blue.

If red and green are swapped, then just replace all the .r with .g and vice-versa.

• Where the function that changes the amount of leds? i have 120 leds and i cant seem to figure it out.

• When you create the array, you specify the number of leds (the length of the buffer is 3 bytes per led - 24 bit color)

• Isnt in the code? does it look like 50 * 3

• this one? and change it to 120*3

var rgb = new Uint8Array(50*3);

• Yup, exactly.

• What pin would i connect a battery to? Id rather not use the usbs and would rather solder, the power from the battery will be 5v? What pin do i connect to

• Negative side of battery to Gnd, positive side to VBat.

• back to before is that the only line i need to change

• because whenever i try to change it, i get errors.

• Post the code you're getting errors from, and what errors you're getting.

• Hello , i was trying to mess around and i found a code online https://gist.github.com/dsample/9126456 and it worked fine, now when i tried to go back to http://www.espruino.com/Project+2 and send this one i get random flashing and it wont stay on it, iv tried reset(); but that doesnt seem to help any ideas?

• I suspect the problem is the code on the Project page - It's noted at the top as being out of date, though i don't immediately see the problem looking at the code.

• I actually updated the code for Project 2 very recently (last few weeks) so I know it works. I obviously forgot to remove the 'out of date' comment though!

@user52583 can you remember what you did last time that made it work?

If you do the following on your board:

• Press RST
    • Press BTN1
    • Release RST
    • Release BTN1

Then the board will start up (that time only) completely blank, so you can be sure that whatever you send before isn't changing anything.

Also you say 'random flashing and it wont stay on it' - do you mean random flashing of the lights? Is it possible that it's to do with how you wired the power supply up? I think you've changed that since last time?

• What does this LCD Code mean?

Unknown LCD code 35208 35209

• It means that your board has a new type of LCD fitted to it that Espruino doesn't know how to initialise.

Best bet is look at the source code that came with your board, find the LCD driver, and then where it mentions that code... Then copy it into: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/libs/graphics/lcd_fsmc.c

(the initialisation part of the file should look pretty similar to it shouldn't be too hard to see where to put it)

• The board is a HY-MiniSTM32V Dev Board + 3.2" TFT LCD Module, so no source code came with it. I flashed it on here a while back.

• Those dev boards always used to come with a small CD, or a download link on the page you got them from.

But the LCD still works? If so I'd just ignore that message.

• Yes, it just gets kind of annoying!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

A HY Mini-STM32 VCT6 3.2" board

Posted by Avatar for GarrettL @GarrettL

Actions