You are reading a single comment by @user58511 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ok, everything is 5v now and I rewrote the switches.js to behave a little better when I hook up multiple switches in the future -- thanks!

I'm still interested this talk of decoupling and capacitors -- but I don't really know where to put them exactly, or what strength to use...

And I found a ferrite tube and some ferrite rings, so I can thread the cable thru the tube and re-crimp the end -- but I can also thread individual wires inside the control box. Suggestions?

I'll report back as to any reduction (or otherwise) in ouija activity

(update) I found some clamp on ferrites in my pile of servo stuff !! So I've clamped both the cables after they come into the pico Box -- I have two more of these as well as the rings, what else should I apply them to?

The wires that go to the relays are too thick for these, but I could pass them thru a few rings (not long enough to twine around rings unless I replace.)

Oh, and I took the pico off the board and tipped it up so you can see the female header on the pico and the male header on the board -- make sit easy to swap in a pico with updated code.

And, I love having female header on the pico so that I can just use it as it's own mini breadboard for testing code. (A big THANKS goes out to allObjects for that idea !! http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­276831/ )

2 Attachments

About

Avatar for user58511 @user58511 started