• Howdy all!

I am attempting to build for two discovery boards today, the F3, which seems uncomplicated and the 401C F4, which the F4 Discovery boards seem to have several "flavours".

I was seeing several build strategies, over the years, one involves an Oracle Virtualbox vm, another Amazon cloud EC2 image?

Anyway I downloaded the latest and greatest Espruino from github, typed I hope the correct build instructions but was not able to get a successful build. So my next step would to take a fresh Virtuabox VM, install arm-2013.11-24-arm-none-eabi.bin arm x-compiler (hope that's close enough) and retire off my main build machine to a environ more comfortable/familiar to the Espruino build procedure.

My question is/are does that seem like a good plan, and does the STM32F4 machine build refer to the 401C I'm hoping? I think the F3 should just work once I have the tool chain set up correct.

Best,

Randy

Ps. I wouldn't be above simply flashing a binary file to test. I will try from here, I think the STM32F4 Discovery build is for the '407 not '401C but I will try it. I am still to unravel, exactly what the differences are esp. regarding the on board motion sensors.

http://www.espruino.com/binaries/

About