You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there !

[ I hope you won't see this message after I write it but instead keep on resting ;p ]

A few [ very little ] updates on the project:

• I bought myself a drill (!) for Xmas ^^ ( Ryobi rpd500-g ) + a stand, so now I'll be able to drill holes in stuff without borrowing someone's tools :D
    • As I'd need that later, I wrote down a little doc on the main dimensions of my version of the Hacked CNC ==> http://stephaneadamgarnier.com/HackedCNC­/HackedCNC_tefDoc.pdf
    • Then, as I couldn't do much on the hadware-side of things ( aka, I'm still waiting the standoffs & other stuff I need to have those axis correctly & properly positioned ), I had a littl' fun with the SVG I had from Illustrator ( & also learn a bunch of stuff on how Illustrator DOESN'T handle stuff as you'd expect when applying 3d effects ( I could do da whole writeup on this by now .. ) ) ..
      .. so I wrote a quick [ & very naïve ] CNC js obj & had it "pseudo-parse" pseudo-G-Code ;p
      ==> http://stephaneadamgarnier.com/HackedCNC­/wip2.mp4
      nb: It doesn't hang on the actual animation, juste when recording the screen at the same time with all the stuff I have open ( .. you'll even see some Chrome Packaged App crashing while screencasting ^^ .. ) ;p

As you 'll see in the video, one of the nice thing is the ability to toggle between a 2d & a 3d representation while the SVG is being animated
    I plan to add the ability to rotate around the "global" Y axis ( not the SVG's Y axis ), but this 'd require a different handling of stuff in code ( aka having one SVG for each axis frame, and not only one holding everything as by now ), although I'm pretty sure it'd work "right out of the box" ( being only matter of mapping keyboard keys / mouse || touch D&D to update some CSS transform's rotateY() value ( .. ) )

As soon as I receive the stuff needed [ & come back from the new year's stuff ;p ], I 'll update the project ( as usual ^^ )

See ya +

About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started