You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there !

I just took a "somewhat quick" look at what you've done so far using that plotter as laser cutter & the code beneath it ( loading from SD card is a neat feature ;p )!
    Nice work done on that !

When you say "wouldn't be quite as good", do you implicitely suggest the many / skilled people behind the Grbl project ( & the many version updates ) or think hardware-side ( aka an Espruino implm of Grbl would be a little less fast / introduce unwanted delays ? )

I guess for now, I'll complete my wip setup ( in the photo ) with an ATmega328 to replace the currently used Ar. UNO, but I'd find pretty neat to gave some Grbl Node module to control some Espruino Grl module .. ;P
    My current setup ;p

On the "Resistor Calculator" side of things, don't you worry, I may get hints from friends of mine with a scientific background if not too busy themselves .. or I'll just do as usual .. digg deeper & hack a way* out ;P
    *understandable for my skillset ;)
    Also, I still have to add the 'SVG generating stuff' to the module's code (..)

Last but not least, as I wrote this little tool to help fix the "over voltage" warning messages I was getting with my tests with the SIM800L, I'd better finish that SIM800L module first before thinking about "upgrading" the Resistor Calculator code ;p

ps: I'm about to digg the Espruino graphic lib ;p

Keep up the good work +

On the picture:

• 3 hacked steppers scavenged from DVD drives
    • 3 EasyDriver boards to drive them
    • 1 ATX PSU with PS-ON jump-wired to Gnd, providing +5V
    • 1 no-brand cheap 3d pen
    • DVD casing to make the structure
      To be done:
    • screw everything together
    • build "spindle direction & enable" logic on protoboard to allow forward/backward feed

Nbs:

• no laser by now, but I have some littl' drilling set & "shaft chuck collets" coming

1 Attachment

• IMG_9123.JPG
About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started