You are reading a single comment by @Kolban and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I loaded just the MQTT.js file and seem to find that has used about 900 blocks of JsVar. I have attached the file showing the trace. I am not good at reading these but I seem to be seeing that the majority of blocks (that I can see) are used to hold JavaScript text ...

The source file of MQTT.js is about 8K.

The amount of RAM in the ESP8266s today is very low. At best, with absolutely nothing but WiFi and TCP loaded, Espressif tell us that we can use about 40K. If we then subtract from that 1024 JsVars ... I think that takes us down to about 28K. I think when Espruino boots from fresh on an ESP8266, the heap left is about 9K and from that, the TCP/IP memory buffers need to be allocated. However there appears to be about 17K un-accounted for that is probably worthy of short term investigation.

My hope though is that within 6 months (maybe more, maybe less) the RAM available will increase by a 10x factor and hopefully that will push the problem to the far right.

1 Attachment

About

Avatar for Kolban @Kolban started