You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • They're notoriously flaky. I've had no joy working with them. First off, the boards you buy are inadequately bypassed and need additional caps across the power to not freeze during use. Secondly, they just aren't very reliable - messages aren't received at an acceptable rate. I'd been hoping to use them, but eventually I gave up. I would really have expected the whole thing to work a lot better then they do, considering what the specs suggest. Maybe the problem is 2.4ghz noise in the city from everyone's wifi....

I use "cheapoRF" (those really cheap OOK/ASK receivers) now for short range wireless; With compiled JS and a SYN470-based receiver with squelching (add a 5 meg resistor between CTH and Vcc pins on the chip, and it'll suppress the noise on the output when there's no signal), receiving with the Espruino should work well. I have a few boards with ATtiny841's programmed to handle the sending and receiving controlled via serial that I use as well (started that back before I knew about the SYN470's data squelching and before compiled JS was ready).

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started