You are reading a single comment by @Faldrian and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi!

I just recently ordered a CC3000 from Adafruit (v1.1) and I have the same results...

I connected the CC3000 to the espruino Pico (checked all pin-connections with a multimeter, because I have it set up on a breadboard very close to each other, ~3-9 cm wires) and started the WebIDE.
    The IDE suggested a firmware update, so I updated and choose the CC3000 option from the select box. Update successfull.

When I run the CC3000 example code (or just this simplified version), it won't get any callbacks.

var wlan = require("CC3000").connect();
    wlan.connect("SSID", "*************", function(s) {
      console.log("callback time!");
    });

The connect just returns "true" and that's it.

I also noticed that the activated WLAN-chip does get quite warm very fast... and when I call "wlan.deactivate()" the green LED gets much brigher and the metal casing cools slowly.

I tried wlan b-standard and g-standard and mixed mode... WPA2, AES+TKIP on 2.4Ghz Channel 3.

When I console.log(wlan) after trying to connect, there is only one property in the object, the "#onstate"-callback defined above. I think that is right?

wlan.getIP() will complain "ERROR: Not connected to the internet".

Is there anything I could do or try to make this work? The module is new and I can't believe it is just broken or something...

About

Avatar for Faldrian @Faldrian started