You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Gordon,

I'm happy to leave the terminal on the left, but I would like to introduce the sidebar for the terminal with the clearscreen button, and put the webcam icon in there too (rather than on the toolbar). Likewise I don't think the code/blocky switcher works in the main toolbar.

For the configurable icons, I'd probably look to change how this works a little so you can provide an area ("toolbar", "terminal" or "code") and a position ("top", "middle", "bottom", "left" and "right") where relevant, so we can still have the buttons configurable. There would just be more options.

I would like to reintroduce the vertical / horizontal splitter button aswell. Maybe this could be a 4 way toggle button? Standard is console left / code right, click once switches to console top / code right, click again give you code left / console right, and again for code top / console right. This way it covers all layout options for peoples preference.

To re-introduce this would probably mean using the splitter I wrote though (I couldn't find any which supported changing mode at run time) but it shouldn't be a big deal to port over (I wrote it as a jQuery plugin).

Something else I'd probably look to introduce could be a status bar along the bottom where we can put the "not connected" text as I think it just looks out on a limb in the toolbar (I would prefer to not have it at all and let the button colour identify the status, but if you want it, I think a status bar would look better).

Matt

About