• Hi, I'm getting very similar errors on my pico with the ESPs and I've tried absolutely everything I can think of to fix it.

I've tried an old ESP-07 (the one with the extra GPIOs broken out and ADC), old ESP-01 (as in the documentation) and a brand new ESP-07. All with both ESP firmwares as suggested in this thread. I have tried pico firmware v79 and a bleeding edge v80 from git this morning (there have since been a few more commits, a very good sign. Nice one!).

I can connect to WIFI and do AT+ commands and the sample code slimmed down a bit works reliably for 'page' ≈ 1Kb, but I get the same not registered error as MrPeu if it's much bigger.

I'll add that I'm using Serial1 and pin B6/7 and not 2 and A2/3 as in the tutorial. Why bother with 0.05" pitch when you don't have to? I've tried the same setup with serial2 A2/3 once, just in case but couldn't be arsed with the fiddling once it didn't work.

I unfortunately realised at around midnight that I don't need to be faffing around with >1Kb responses anyway and that all of this was a big distraction.

I suppose if this crops up for someone else you could use 307 redirects to a proper webserver that is a bit more suited to do the heavy lifting? Or maybe just ditch the ESP for now and go with another wifi option. It's a mysterious beast for many people outside of China. Or outside esspressif for that matter.

About

Avatar for osxconor @osxconor started