• Hello,

I had a look and couldn't find any info on this so any help would be appreciated.

I have a pico hooked up to two PIR sensors (and an eeprom) and everything works great. I wave my hand in front of one sensor, and I get a trigger, I wave my hand in front of the other, and I get a different trigger (using pins B1 and A7 indicating the signals with an LED flash). This great behaviour happens when plugged into the USB connector.

Things go wrong when I power it with an external battery (3xAA). Everything still works, except every time I trigger one sensor, it's LED and then immediately the other LED blinks indicating that both sensors have tripped. I've gone back and forth between USB and battery power many times and can replicate the behaviour consistently. I've tried different pins (A2 and A4), am running v1.79 of the firmware, and don't know what's going on.

Using batteries is key to my project. Has anyone else experienced differences in behaviour like this and can anyone give me clues as to what might be going on?

About

Avatar for user56567 @user56567 started