• Somehow I didn't respond to this at the time. Yeah, I've got it working pretty well now. With defines in the code on the AzzyRF, I can build it to take commands in binary (ie, AT+SEND\r and the next 4 bytes sent are used raw) or hex (AT+SEND\r and then something like 1440FF02). I added a way (via #defines) to have it send an acknowledgement packet when receiving messages sent to it.

I've got one deployed in operation at my appartment, with plans to add more. It's going to be connected to the same Pico as the voice recognition unit, when the replacement arrives, and handle control of the RF devices that aren't handled by my desk light.

The LED's aren't actually that bright, I just keep my room fairly dim*. They're 0805 LEDs going through I think 1k resistors (most people like 220 ohm - I'd need sunglasses if I used the resistor values most people use)

Still thinking about how to do flow control (ie, to have it raise an IO pin to request to send). I don't think proper CTS/RTS is viable (it doesn't really do what you want here). I think instead, maybe we put the pin into INPUT_PULLUP on the AzzyRF side, and then wait for it to go low before sending anything, then put it back to INPUT when done. And if it's jumpered to ground, it'll send it immediately so you can easily disable that feature if you don't need.

*That works with people too - you may have noticed that you look brighter the dimmer the people around you are. I need all the help I can get, you see ;-)

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started