You are reading a single comment by @net-tobi and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello Gordon,

I read that the Pico has 96 kb of RAM. So I would expect I could use round about 6000 JSVars.

What I can see when I call process.memory() is, that I just can use 3040 JSVars which must be 48kb. This is less than what I could use with the regular Espruino with a Bigram Build. There I have 3250 JSVars.

This is a major problem for me now. I have a highly complex application which was working with the CC3000 module and the Bigram Build on the Espruino near to the RAM limit. I switched to the Pico to have the additional RAM (total 96kb) so that I am able to use a JS-based driver for GPRS. When I now load the driver together with the rest of my application I run out of memory. Is there a possibility to use more than 3040 JSVars on the Pico? Maybe with a special build?

Best,

Tobias

=undefined
     _____                 _
    |   __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |   __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |_____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
              |_| http://espruino.com
     1v80 Copyright 2015 G.Williams
    >process.memory();
    ={ "free": 3019, "usage": 21, "total": 3040, "history": 0,
      "stackEndAddress": 536925180, "flash_start": 134217728, "flash_binary_end": 313548, "flash_code_start": 134234112, "flash_length": 393216 }
    >

About

Avatar for net-tobi @net-tobi started