You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Sounds pretty damned cool. The screen is kinda lame though - the 5110 is a screen for when UX doesn't matter, and you just gotta display data on the cheap. Also, uh, with the dimensions in that image posted up above, it's awkwardly small....

http://digole.com/

Check out the displays there - they are all trivial to control - they have an MCU acting as serial (or I2C) interface, and implementing all the common graphics API commands, so it's really fast. In I2C, they say you can crank it up to 200khz baud. I've written the modules (DigoleHW and DigoleBuf) - for DigoleHW, I think I've added color support (if not, I have the code written somewhere).

Of course, I could buy a crate of '5110 screens for the price of one of those juicy digole ones, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

It totally needs an EEPROM to store saved games at the very least. Depending on how deep someone went with it, I could see it almost immediately needing more EEPROMs to store level designs and stuff... But regardless of how fancy the rest of it is, everyone expects to be able to keep high scores and stuff, and wants to be able to save games.

I don't think a tiny coin cell LiPo will be able to handle bluetooth. The LIR2032 ones are only 40mAh....

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started