• Oh of course, if you wanted it to not convert to serial, and instead do stuff, that's just a matter of different firmware on the '841 - and the code is mostly written, would just need tweaking to the specific IO lines available.

Maybe. I don't like the idea of send 1/2/4/8, because that implies that the size will be 1, 2, 4, or 8 bytes, when that's not really the size.

It uses those cheapo little RF transmitter/receiver units. I ordered some of the good ones (good = crystal on receiver) - they cost about what a normal transmit/receive pair costs, but you only get the receiver. The normal receivers don't seem any better than the nice ones (which are also harder to get)

You could certainly encrypt the data before sending it - I've been watching that thread with interest, but not with this project in mind. The chip I'm using for the RF-Serial interface only has 8k of flash, and I've got less than 1k left after serial, send, and receive ;-) so there will be no on-board encryption.

If you have people monitoring the 433mhz band around your home with an interest to decode the data you're sending, I think you have a more fundamental issue to address.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started