You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey Gordon,

That's cool, we'll leave angularjs out of it. If the idea of the IDE is to stay simple, you're right that it might add a learning curve overhead for little gain (maybe take a look at it in future if the demands of the IDE get a bit more complex).

Regarding the HTML, I was meaning from a developers perspective it looks ugly in the source (I don't really care what it comes out like in the raw HTML). I just know someone will get caught out by a rouge quote somewhere, and those are the annoying issues that eat up hours trying to debug if you don't know what you are doing :)

I know the example you show does look a bit bigger, but if this is a standard approach, you could make the viewpath part of a modules config, and have the core code load it and call init when it's done? Just an idea.

I might just be being picky on the 3rd party plugins, I just think it's handy if we re-use (both saving writing own code, and having a wider audience from which to get fixes if there are bugs), but again, if it works, don't fix it right? :)

Matt

About