You are reading a single comment by @Joakim and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • €15.66 is much cheaper than the WizziMote's €40 though. It lacks an antenna connector, but has an accelerometer and a thermistor.

To continue my train of thought on Cortex-M4 MCUs with sub-1GHz RF, this one comes close:
    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site­/prod_summary.jsp?code=KW0x#MKW01Z128CHN­

Costs from €5.39 to €3.21 at Farnell (£4.30-2.57), about the same as CC430F5137.

It's got a Cortex-M0+ with 48 MHz, 128 KB flash and 16 KB RAM, which Espruino should be able to run on. But how handicapped would Espruino be? How much would have to be stripped away? I know one doesn't need all of Espruino's features on a simple IoT sensor device, but would it be able to remain a good platform to run simple IoT sensors? Or would it be too limited for even that?

Am I right in thinking it's mainly a question of time and effort that is needed to make Espruino run on the chip, including porting it to the MCU and stripping it down?

About

Avatar for Joakim @Joakim started