• Just a quick update. I got the PCBs from Seeed and I must say I'm impressed by the results (even though it's a very simple 10mil/10mil through hole thing:

After 30 minutes of hacky soldering, I got to this:

Soon I'll write the simple firmare for it, then it's time for the actual work. Soldering each switch which are retrofitted to the pedals and making some kind of suitable box to hold the PCB.

I decided to go for Seeed for a proto run for the internal development board I'm making at my job. It will be interesting to see how they handle QFPN and 0603:

This is a dev board with STM32F103 (thought about going with the F4 but skipped that for now) and a TI CC430 with a 4x2 header for the ESP8266.
    (PS: I swapped out the vertical micro usb for the same the Espruino uses. Seems less likely to snap off, and I'll copy the glue-gun-like blob to add a bit support)

These are actually the first two boards I've ever designed on my own. Feel free to shout out if you see something that screams at you. I'm here to learn :) I goofed up the orientation of my voltage reg for the organ pedals pcb, had to make my own footprint and neglected to add silkscreen outline. That's what you get for cutting corners... Lesson learned. I also forgot ground plane on top layer (I did place one on the bottom though).

About