• No datasheet, no mfg part number, and the only information is a an excerpt from a spreadsheet and a video (i don't watch videos), and the load cells require external components not listed or described on the product page. Typical sparkfun - awful vendor, just awful, and their prices are high too. This week I had a ($3 shipped - no fancy shipping here) package from CHINA beat their shipment, despite them having a 1 day head start and shipping domestically (I needed something I couldn't find elsewhere, otherwise I avoid sparkfun and adafruit like the plague).

The impression that I get from other resources is that you need external components to amplify the output of the load cell to get useful data. But since I didn't watch the video, I can't say anything regarding that specific part.

The hall switches are easy:
    One side goes to +5v (VBat) other side goes to ground, middle pin goes to any 5-volt tolerant input (any pin not marked 3.3v here http://www.espruino.com/ReferenceESPRUINĀ­OBOARD ). You need to do pinMode(pin,'input_pullup'); on the pin, since it's open collector. Hall switches that work with 3.3v supply exist (and these could use any pin), but those ones you got, datasheet says 3.5v minimum (again, typical sparkfun)

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started