• Hi, @Gordon
    It happens that Limetrace sold me one Espruino rev 1v4 some months ago.
    As noted in your github's page it has a different voltage regulator than the rev 1v3.

I was wondering what are it's specifications / references?

The idea is to use the ESP8266 as an uart<->Wifi device using it's low power modes described in espressif bbs.
    In fact it shows a power peak to 450 mA for a few 30 ms but most of the time it stays far below (70 mA or so). It even can be put in a deep sleep mode at 10nA which is compatible with the general Espruino power consumption in deepSleep mode.

I hope a proper capacitor could leverage this power's peak and let a 'standard' Espruino board run on a battery operated mode.
    This could help me produce a wifi sensor device that would connect only once a day or so for 20-30s transmitting it's data and then fall asleep with some recurring measurements done without the ESP8266 being awaken at all.

This also is a side effect of their AT firmware not being open source anymore. Which imply you have to use their modules with either your own firmware or just as an uart<->Wifi device without the benefits of these low power modes on the ESP8266 side.

About

Avatar for asez73 @asez73 started