• it has something to do with the fact that we were already running a board with v72, and that made the IDE not think we needed to update...

Indeed, that could explain it... I though watched the the progress bar and the blinking... (I think so, it is always a dead moment where I just look and watch/observe in great anticipation to see it succeed and then to use it.

Therefore, I think, the release number check could be different... on the other hand, the release number check for the notification should not have an impact on the flashing. I for sure cannot remember seeing the notice (may be it showed but it was on my - physical and mental - blind spot since I trust @Gordon announcement more that what my computer does... so I do with the header info in the response not to cache, which 'overwrites' (normally) the browser's settings...

wondered if I'd done something dumb (it's been known to happen)

Is that what I called (in message): '...having dud feelings towards myself'?

flashback "bug"

Like that term... because the bugs we are talking about here can - most of the time - be eliminated quite successfully. To bad with all the other kind of bugs it is not that easy... and the worst with the mental, PSTD related, flashbacks.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started