You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • First of all, thank you for the explanation. 2nd, I have to say that I'm in software an hardware is 'just' a hobby. Nevertheless...

This Linear LT1999-10 is quite an interesting device. I like the input construction: it floats. I was thinking about monitoring what pannels do, but with basic means the galvanic separation is a problem. There are galvanic separated power supplies that would be able to power a floating espruino / pico or a like to be at the measuring source (connected with ground to one end of the sense resistor. The data transfer would then have to be wireless - wifi or other radio, infrared - or via optocouplers. With the LT1999-10 I assume that I would not have to jump through such hoops. In addition, the sense resistor has not be between load and ground, which keeps ground (better) grounded... My expected loads are only up to about 10..12 A in a 12 V context.

Did you ever think to use the ADCs from Espruino - in other words - put (one) Espruino right at the source connected to LT1999-10 output? You would then not incur the latency to get all the values into the calculations process. From the amount of thrown out values, I assume you make many measurements to still have a statistical valid number of samples. What is the expected - or required - frequency of delivering medians to the charge/flow controller?

I used Espruino ADCs for getting the values from a touch screen and map them to display coordinates... and they do quite nicely.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started