You are reading a single comment by @tage and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • That would be great. I am working on a power converter that is used for many things such as battery chargers (using large 12V to 48V batteries), solar powered chargers, super cap holdup circuits and bidirectional control of a kW or more. I hope to share some more detail on the project as the work is finished, it probably would interest many people that are into solar power, building their own off grid systems or need a power converter that can control current flow in both directions
    To save time during bench testing I am using an Espruino board to interface with my power controller. (it is really convenient to be able to interact with the Espruino while the power converter is running, many times I do not even have to power down the circuit when making changes to the function or flashing and saving new data.)

I need a bit more speed to control an I2C Quad DAC (LTC2635CUD-LMI12) so I can more quickly reverse the direction of power flow. This type of DAC has two sets of registers. The data in the output registers shows up on the outputs as analog signals, and another register can hold new data ready to be instantaneously transferred to the output register when a hardware pin is pulled low. this allows the outputs of the four DACs to to change in an instance without need to wait for the I2C bus to transfer new data. but if it still takes time to write new data to be ready for next direction change, so faster I2C clock would definitely help in situations where the current direction must change frequently.

About