You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @fobus, I see your aching... I cannot see any logical difference either... btw, do you have means to record the signals you send to the pins?

It seems to me also a bit short to just send a 1[ms] pulse... I do not know the spec of the stepper, but a stepper has a mass... and that mass has to be moved... I recall the old days where hard drive arms (of cheaper hard disk and floppy drives) were driven by steppers... and the step frequency at begin and end and also the hold time after reaching the position mattered to actually get the motor rotor to the place where the driver electronic wanted. After all it is just physics... first the 'plain' masses, and then even the electron-masses (changing the (eletro)magnetic fields - gives you phase effects): try to do it slower... start with higher value in setInterval, and speed it up until it does not behave clean anymore. It still does not really explain why the transcribe code works and your's not, because the transcribed code uses the same 1[ms] for stepping. Could it be that there is not enough power supplied to the stepper driver (board)?

If I'm totally off, let me know and 'edit' the post... ;-)

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started