You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for the quick answer ;)

-> all right, I was definitely tired ..
    .. I effectively used wrong resistor values :/ .. [ & kinda feel dumb to have screwed the tinier version :/ ]

this being said, "shit happends", but it's no reason no to try again ;p

=> so, after switching the right resistors for the breadboard version & building a 1-way comm cable, I tried what you suggested & got "something" ( see the screenshots ), but stuff doesn't seem to go as it should:

-> I 've never been able to type in the terminal window ( the way you did it in one of your demo videos on headphone jack UART ) => is ' prompt = "" ' normal ? ( I remember seeing that in the terminal js console )

-> using EclipseOrion & the plugin just printed glitches when testing with

Serial1.on('data', function(d) {
      console.log(">>>"+JSON.stringify(d));
    });

-> I also got glitches when using the page already mentionned ( http://madtoyslab.com/Espruino ) & using udio_serial_write()

I managed to get more "stable" signal tweaking my OS audio settings, & it seems that the 1-way cable is less prone to "be buggy*" on the host jack ( * for some reason, the TRRS cable seems to use the internal microphone when the plug is fully inserted ( or at least, that's what's displayed in the OS settings ( .. ) ) )

Last but not least, I quickly tested some code using the WebAudioAPI to check it's support, & it seems I can't get any sound playing on iOS right now :/ ( I'm pretty sure it may come from the way iOS needs an input before any sound to be played, but I gott digg stuf on that ( .. ) )
    -> if you have any hint on this, the page(s) are hosted here [ with dummy-dumby code ;p ]:
    http://madtoyslab.com/WebAudioContextTes­ts

Also, may this come from the need of a 10uF cap you talked about in your opinion ?

Thanks again for your time ++

3 Attachments

• refreshing_the_terminal_output.png
    • test_Espruino_jackUART_1wayComm_usingAudioSerialWrite_madtoyslab.png
    • testing_Espruino_jackUART_espruinoOrion_1.png
About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started