You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there!

thanks for the update ;)

=> now I wonder if we may be able to find a way to "select" to use the audio jack || the dock:
    -> this would mean an easy way to have audio out & commands/effects programmable via audio as well

=> Some time ago I stumbled upon this:
    https://pedals.io/
    http://dashersw.github.io/pedalboard.js/­
    -> it's actually kinda neat ( kudos to @dashersw, the author ), and I'd be amazed to get that working in tandem with Espruino in a mobile-first interface/layout ==> LOTS of possibilities ;D

=> About OnlineSCAD:
    -> I actually visited the website a while ago, looking for a scriptable CAD offering possibilities & flexibility beyond using Rhino/Blender+Python scripts ..
    .. and reading about OpenJsCad once again made it my best bet to replace OpenSCAD in my toolbox ..
    .. funny enough, kudos to you, I actually didn't knew you were the author :)

Last but not least, I received yesterday an ADS1115 breakout board ( 16-bit 4-chans ) from Adafruit ( :p ), digged the doc a bit ( didn't have time to have fun with it yet :/ .. ), and 'll check what I can achieve with Espruino as soon as possible ( it uses I2C to communicate, so this 'll be my first try on this with Espruino, although I expect some debug needed to use 4 of these boards together & their addresses ( .. ) ).

This being said, the other breakout board available offers higher sampling rate ( this one focusing on higher resolution ), wich could have been better ( free guess ? ) for audio apps

After that, it's up to coding some effect wrapper in js ( to keep a standardized coding style ), some so-called effetc(s*) & outputting in PWM if I'm right ?

• as seen on pedals.io, an effect chain of parametric effects 'd be gorgeous** !!

** aka maybe have on the tablet the interface with controls representation related to the controls present on the Espruino, & having the ability to push the so-called effects code ( & if used or not ) to the Espruino to allow its use without any other peripheral connected => sound quite neat to my ears :D

Also, I gotta find some cheap audio<->bluetooth dongle to test the jack audio comm from a tablet ;p

I'll give updates as soon as I time to do so ( .. )
    in the meanwhile, happy holidays ;p

+

About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started