You are reading a single comment by @Manxome and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Regarding base stations...you have a number of these LoRa nodes out there, all acting asynchronously, something needs to be 'ON' and listening all the time that they can talk to, right?

This guy (below) uses a base station which is basically another LoRa node but plugs through usb to a computer running an app that gathers transmissions, logs, takes stats, connects to internet, etc. He says you don't really so much program the nodes, you configure them in the app, and it is the app where you add your code. I am guessing that the nodes 'wake' up and transmit their pin status to the app which tells them what to do next, but that is just my guess until I get my hands on a few. Thinking about it though, it is an interesting way to go. The nodes all have one simple program, not requiring much cpu or memory or battery power or need to re-program out in the field etc. The KS project failed, but he is making them available online anyhow.

Hmmm, I tried to make a 'link', but nothing was happening, so:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163­0453569/whisker-iot-invention-system

About

Avatar for Manxome @Manxome started