You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ic, absolutely.

Since though no software is bug free - virtually never - things may ultimately freeze up. It happens still on a regular basis with stuff I ran, and it is so bad that the board is not even accepting commands from the console nor new code anymore. I did not have the time yet for a deeper analysis why it got there. For now I just observe to collect hints. With the setBusyIndicator() set to LED#, I hope to have some additional tool to see whether it is frozen all the way through - which I cannot believe - or if it is just way too busy - with some stupid short infinite loop - to receive commands from the console or new code and start over with. To get out of the misery, I just disconnect (w/ Chrome < 38.####) unplug the usb to the board, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.

A hard reset should always be provided (...like a 'factory reset'). It should not be the biggest and most convenient function to be reached... but a little hole through which with a pin / paperclip the reset can be reached... (CD drives have it to physically retrieve (rescue) a CD (a real hard-hard-reset), the Palm devices had it... and many other device give the option in one way or another to have a factory reset.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started