• I'm recalling having read them when I came across Espruino the very first time - even before having had a board in hand. I glanced over it when replacing my first [1v67] with [1v70] with enhanced memory management. I though did not pay as much attention until now, after encountered out of memory.

(Nur) die eigene Erfahrung hat den Vorzug voelliger Gewissheit.

(Only) the very own experience has the advantage of absolute doubtlessness.

Arthur Schopenhauer - 1788-1860

Humans have great difficulty to internalize and to be sure of what they hear or are told - and in turn to adjust their actions - once having experienced something though by themselves, they stick stubbornly with the cerntainty of that personal, individual and often only exemplary experience - and I'm no exception from that. Absolute doubtlessness - absolute certainty - gained by very own experience made in far or near past under then circumstances make oneself a prisoner of that past and blind to accept present and future options and no-options / constraints - not noticing that circumstances most likely have changed. Blind spot is another term for that.

With a fresh look at the implementation / internals / performance, I will elaborate on code variations empirically in the beginning, and over time more theoretically - in an a priori way - the more I (really) understand.

Usage of a very high-level language let's one quickly make things happen and equally quickly forget what is really going on under the hood. Back to the roots is as bloody-red as the red beets themselves... but it is fun.

Regarding temporary memory usage, I was thinking of using the require() and then the un-require() - of which I read about in some posts or tutorials, but can not recall top of my head the actual function call.... will come back and edit the post.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started