pango

Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Apr 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 8 comments

Music (facebook.com/jopango, forlorncry.com), Web Developer... among others :)

Most recent activity

• in General

Oh thanks for the link, I didn't see it!
    Yeah actually, it works on a Linux VM on the Mac, apart from the small thing I wrote there
    I don't know if this can useful, but I compared the logs from javascript console, of IDE in Linux and on MacOSX, and actually on Mac it seems the board can't connect (I never got the message "Connected" (espruino_status.js:55)), although "connected" is writter in the left-side of IDE, and "sent" at the top.

• in General

Actually the VM is on a Mac (with old osx snow leopard), with Virtual Box. But you're certainly right, I didn't try on a "real" Linux. :)

• in General

Yeah, the first times I connected espruino i got a popup from osx to ask me to set up preferences for this new modem :) By the way, I've also installed a VM of linux on my Mac to be able to use the IDE. I tried to look at IDE sources, but it's a bit out of my skills :)
    I had a question which is not related, is it possible to update firmware in a terminal app?
    Thanks for all!

• in General

Just to let you know, i've tried it on linux Fedora 20 (in a VM), and I needed too the chmod command. Plus, if I go to bootloader mode for firmware update, or if i press reset, connections to espruino then fails, even after quitting IDE, logout or reboot. But I entered the chmod command again after bootload mode or reset, and it worked.

• in General

Thanks for your answer!

My Mac is a bit old now, yes :) it's from end of 2007, and I got Snow Leopard (10.6) on it. You're right, it tries to connect to it as if it was a modem, the name of the device is tty.usbmodem[...]. I've tried tty[...] and cu[...] and it's the same result. I tried to make inactive the device in network preferences, but it didn't change anything, even after disconnecting and reconnecting the board. Anyway, I still can work on windows, so it's ok :)

Concerning the red light, now the reset button launches the last saved code, everything looks ok. As I was just using the sample piece of code which flashes a LED every xxx ms interval, and the reset() function seems to stop the setInterval, sometimes it ends up in a fixed light. Maybe the red light was due to that (somehow)?

By the way, I wanted to say it, espruino is both a great idea, and a great board :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

• in General

I tried to plug espruino on windows(7) i do get a firmware update message, and the IDE works fine, typing shell directly, and sending code, all seem to works. I still have though the red light on after reset (but not everytime).
    On IDE on Mac, I still can't send code or type with the IDE, although it reads correctly the code that is on espruino, and I even get a message "Sent" when I try to send code. But nothing else happens.

• in General

Hey, I just got my Espruino today :)
    I had some issues with the IDE app on Chrome. I'm on a Mac.
    I had no firware update message, and actually, the IDE can connect, no error. But when I click the send to Espruino button, with the sample code, nothing happens, including no Espruino ASCII Art displayed on the shell screen on the left. And I cannot write code directly on this left shell screen. But I tried working with MacOS Terminal and everything's ok, I can light up the LEDs, etc.
    I also tried to flash the board, the blue light was glowing, it looked ok. But after pushing the reset button, most of the time (but not everytime it seems), the red LED stayed on, fixed.
    I was wondering if that was not a sign of any error somwhere, as it is not mentioned in the quick start video...
    I can work with the Terminal, but being able to write code on the ide and click send was interesting :)
    Is there something I can do?
    Thanks a lot
    Jo

Actions