Sacha

Member since Feb 2014 • Last active May 2017
  • 34 conversations
  • 199 comments

Most recent activity

• 15 comments
    • 4 comments
  • in Interfacing

Thanks. As far a i know the xbee modules only supprts HW flow control.
    @Gordon: What about HW flowcontrol ?

• in Interfacing

Dear Espruinos

I use several picos with an xbee modul to communicate to each other.
    I only connected power and rx/tx. So there is no flow control used.

Maybe as a result, when i communicate faster than 2400bps i have data losses.

I would like to test it with flowcontrol. Do the pico support HW flowcontrol ?

Thanks for your advise

Sacha

• in Interfacing

That's cool. Include this in your homeautomation. Google will be listening what you are saying and is able to control your home....

• 5 comments
  • in General

@allObjects
    Thanks, i know about onInit. I didn't know that the watchdog function has to be called/restarted after a reset while other internal functions like Intervals/Timers for example not.

• in General

Dear Gordon
    I've done some tests with the new watchdog function. My testcode is the following (right side):

doreset=false;
    setInterval(function() { if(doreset===false) { console.log('kick'); E.kickWatchdog(); } },20000);
    E.enableWatchdog(25,false);
    save();

You will see in the console every 20 seconds 'kick'. E.kickWatchdog is called.
    Then please set the var doreset to true:

doreset=true;

After a few seconds the pico will reset. Then please reconnect to the console.
    You will see the output of 'kick' again.

Please give the variable doreset again the value of true.

doreset=true;

On the console 'kick' messages are gone. E.kickWatchdog is not called anymore.

But the pico does not reset after more that 25 seconds. Please see the attached screenshot.

Do I understand something wrong ? It only resets once ?

Thanks

Sacha

• in General

Gordon. Please include this command in the reference page of setInterval/Timeout.
    "print(global["\xff"].timers);". This will help others debugging those functions.
    Thanks
    Sacha

• in General

Many thanks for your help Gordon. I think i found the problem. It was self made. In a special situation i called clearTimeout() with an undefined var. This cleared all intervals.

Sacha

Actions