eskibrew

Member since Jun 2023 • Last active Jun 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thanks Gordon, the BangleJS2 arrived yesterday and it's awesome!

• in Bangle.js

Thanks but no, it won't work for my use case - My son is a wheelchair user and needs reminders but phones are not allowed to be turned on in school so the watch needs to run it autonomously. He currently uses a fit type band but it's limited to just a few reminders.

• in Bangle.js

Brilliant, thanks so much for your reply, I will check those out :-)

• in Bangle.js

I've come across the BangleJS2 and it looks like it might suit my needs but I wanted to ask for advice before I jump in.

I would like to write a reminder app which will periodically notify disabled users of things they need to do, e.g. a pill reminder, pressure relief reminder etc. I need it to have multiple reminders per day and I have not found an off-the-shelf watch which can do this so I've been looking for a watch I can program myself.

I've looked at the demo application, which is a 30 second timer, but that seems to work only while the timer app is running and in focus. I need something which will run in the background instead and pop up when needed. Is this possible? I.e. can I write a background app which will monitor the current time and pop up warnings?

Actions