user148848

Member since Sep 2022 • Last active Sep 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

That worked out much better! Thanks for this, really appreciate you spending your time on it!

• in Bangle.js

You're absolutely right. I've managed to put up a dockerised environment that works on both winows (through WSL 2) and Ubuntu 20.04 and this has improved my situation immensely, especially with the fact that I don't get stuck in cache-hell of Github.

Now, the apploader.js I haven't got to work yet. I can get it to detect my watch but as soon as I try to install anything I run into issues in the shape of

$ node apploader.js install about 12:ab:34:cd:56:es
    App storage contains a 'supports' field, but no device ID found
    App storage contains a 'supports' field, but no device ID found

/home/node/app/core/lib/heatshrink.js:37­
    abort(App storage contains a 'supports' field, but no device ID found). Build with -s ASSERTIONS=1 for more info.

• in Bangle.js

Yeah, "very aggressive cacheing" seem to be one of the keys to this behaviour.

But, let's say I wanted to avoid going through GitHub to upload my bundle, as it's cumbersome and fiddly, is there a way to accomplish that? That way I'd be able to do my edits and experiment with the entire bundle, locally, before having to deal with Github as the go-between.

Thanks for a super fun and versatile product! You've re-sparked my interest in coding for a watch since the days of the Pebble era.

• in Bangle.js

I've been working on a clock face app. It's been going well before but now I've run into an issue that I can't seem to get around.

Following these steps

• Install clock face on BangleJS 2 from my github.io repo BangleApps page, clock face shows up as expected
    • Update code, push to github repo, wait until changes are reflected on my github.io repo BangleApps page
    • Install update to BangleJS 2

Looking at the output from interacting with the app, the code hasn't been updated. E.g. the app from first install echoes console.log() output. After installing the clock face update, the console.log() is still being output, even when I have removed them from the code.

The only way to make the code changes "stick" is either

• Flashing the app through the Espruino IDE, or
    • Resetting the BangleJS 2 and installing the latest update of the clock face app (which in my example doesn't have the console.log() code)

Is this to be expected? It's certainly very cumbersome to me to hve to reset the BangleJS 2 just to make sure that my latest code updates are working correctly.

Firmware version 2v15

Actions